A solid marketing strategy can be the key to driving traffic to your website, getting more clients and more sales. But these days, with everything so content-heavy on the Internet, it can be hard to come up with fresh ideas that won’t burn through your budget before you know it. Here are seven money-saving content-marketing tricks every marketer needs to try in order to succeed in today’s environment.
1) Repurpose Your Content
One of the best ways for marketers to save money is by repurposing existing content. In other words, creating a new piece of content from an older piece. It may be a social media post, blog post, email or video but the point is that it’s not something entirely new. This way you’re able to avoid starting from scratch and spending more time and money coming up with new ideas. Instead, you can pick up a project where you left off and make minor tweaks as needed.
2) Create an Editorial Calendar
Start by drafting a marketing calendar that includes the following:
1. A list of your company’s goals, objectives, and key messages
2. A list of events and holidays that you should be sure to share content about (e.g., Black Friday)
3. The top social media channels on which you want to publish content (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
3) Automate Your Processes
1. Create templates for your social media posts so you can save time and energy each day.
2. Use email marketing software like MailChimp to automate your newsletters.
3. Utilize tools like Hootsuite or Buffer to schedule your posts ahead of time so you don’t have to worry about it every day (or at least every other day).
4) Invest in a Good Template
One of the most important parts of a content marketing strategy is producing quality content that people actually want to read. A good template will make all of your hard work shine. Plus, if you’re not sure where to start, there are plenty of great templates available for purchase on sites like Creative Market and Adobe Stock.
5) Leverage User-Generated Content
One of the best ways to get content for your marketing campaigns is by leveraging user-generated content. UGC has been shown time and time again to be successful at getting people interested in a product or service, and this is largely due to its authenticity.
6) Promote Your Content
Promoting your content doesn’t have to be difficult, but it does take a little creativity and effort. Here are some tips for ways you can promote your content without breaking the bank. Mention Your Posts in Your Email Signature: A signature is one of the easiest ways to increase brand awareness among your colleagues who may not be familiar with what you do on a daily basis. Including links back to any blog posts or articles that may be relevant for their work will help them learn more about what you do, as well as make them feel more engaged with your work.
7) Measure Your Results
The ROI for content marketing is hard to measure, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try. Here are some ways to get a read on your content marketing and figure out what’s working.